Saturday 2 November 2013

Week 4, November 2nd

The next week is almost finished and still so many sites to be explored.... this week we were into websites for writing and reading skills. And again, a number of new websites to be added to my teaching list. Every time I open a new activity or an app, I promise myself to put it into practice, but it's not so easy. Little by little, however, I try to change the classroom environment I work in. For example, last week I invited my students to create a blog for our English lesson; seeing their reluctance, I thought it would never work out but finally they agreed:-)
For the next few weeks I plan to use the information I've just learned about the writing and reading websites; I liked the one about the museum, where your task is to choose a picture and describe it following the questions you see on the screen. I think it might be great fun and, for sure, students may get involved as they would see this activity as fun and game, not real learning.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ewa,

    Your sentence "Every time I open a new activity or an app, I promise myself to put it into practice, but it's not so easy." reflects what I exactly felt while exploring all the webs. I opened one link and I felt like I would definitely use this one and another and another one also. The websites are really resourceful, I don't know another vocabulary better than this. I also tried blogging with my students. Like your experience, they were quite reluctant to embrace the new way of teaching but I am trying to motivate them to exploit technology in their learning process.

    Best,
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Ewa,

    Well it seems we all feel the same about exploring and discovering amazing website to use in our classes, problably we will get the best top ten out of thousand. I also started bogging with my students and it worked very nice.
    I am starting a little chage in their reading habit for they have none, all the material I read, as you said,will be very useful to start changes and to motivate them to read.

    Best wishes,
    Domingo

    ReplyDelete