Wednesday 11 December 2013

Week 10, 11 December 2013

This is the last entry of the course blog but definitely I am not going to stop using this tool – as I stated in my project, it is going to be used with my students next semester so I do wait impatiently to see how much they will like itJ

First of all, I would like to express my awe for these great people – the devoted educators from all over the world and, first of all, for Courtney for such a wonderful course. My thanks also go to the US Embassy and the University of Oregon for letting me participate in this course.

These 10 weeks seemed long at first but with the passing time, you can see it’s over now and although we were given quite a lot of work to do, now I could have a feeling of missing something. But of course, the learning experience, discussions, sharing knowledge with other course participants enriched my teaching and learning skills.
Honestly, it is difficult to choose the most useful topics of this course as all of them led us to the final product – it was like puzzle elements to be put together to see the whole. Blogging, wiki or creating online and offline exercises will become part of my teaching now and I won’t be afraid of using it any more in the classroom. Besides, I learned a lot about new sites to explore.

All in all, I feel that all these topics and tools we were presented with should be incorporated in this course as teachers not only benefit from learning about them but also they can reflect on their teaching. For sure, technology is and will be in the classroom  and our task is to take advantage of it.

Once again, thank you.
With love and best wishes,

Ewa

2 comments:

  1. Hello Eva,
    I agree with you 10 weeks was long but it passed very fast and i will mis our course. Now i get used writing in blog i will continue writing.before i used journals for writing my teaching reflection now i learned about blog. I will do my best to share and apply all new knowledge i learned in this course. By the way Thank you very much for feedback to my darft project. Your commnts were helpful .
    Hope we will colloborate or do ant project with our students in future.
    Akbar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and once again sorry for the delay. This course was a big challenge to me as a mother of two kids, working and doing European projects at the same time, I could hardly find any time to fully participate in this course - it's a pity as the course and the people - so many enthusiasts - were really great. Anyway, hope you continue with the use of technology in the future; all the best
      Ewa

      Delete